Alice was dreading the steady approach of winter. The cooler air and golden, earthy colours of Autumn, at first a relief from the humidity of a Manhattan summer, were now proving difficult to enjoy while catastrophe lay just around the corner (or, rather, just a few pages of the calendar away). Alice's intense sense of dread was not due to a dislike of frigid temperatures and biting winds, or a distaste for itchy, dry, flaky skin, or even because of the way everything became so much more of a chore during the colder months. No; instead it had absolutely everything to do with the ducks.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
And now for something completely different...
A PROLOGUE
Labels:
central park,
cold,
ducks,
ice,
mystery,
secret assignment #4,
winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, ducks can be terrifying. Poor Alice. The picture is taking a painstakingly long time to load on my computer though. My internet's been slow lately. I bet that's fascinating for you. The top half of it looks really awesome though. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh! I just got the rest of the pic. MAN those ducks are scary!!!
ReplyDeletePS I made the most hilarious typo when I tried to type "ducks" then.